Monday, April 23, 2012

15. OFFERING EXPRESSION

 Definition of Offering :

1. The act of making an offer.
2. Something, such as stock, that is offered.
3. A presentation made to a deity as an act of religious worship or sacrifice; an  oblation.
4. A contribution or gift, especially one made at a religious service.

Offering to older people:
  • Would you like a cup of coffee, Mr. Green?
  • Should I get you a bottle of water?
  • Could I offer you a glass of lemonade, Mrs. Lina?
  • Would you care for some salad?

Offering to friends:
  • Want some?
  • Have some.
  • Chocolate?
  • Glass of lemonade?
  • Grab some for yourself.
  • Would you like to have a pancake?
  • Why don’t you have some lemonade?
  • What can I get for you?
  • What will you have?

Accepting an offer:
  • Thank you
  • Yes, please
  • I’d like it very much
  • Thank you, I would
  • That would be very nice
Declining an offer:
  • No, thanks.
  • No, I really won’t. Thank you.
  • Not for me, thanks.
  • No, thanks. I’m not hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment