Monday, April 23, 2012

3. INVITATION


Invitation Is a document written or printed, or spoken words, conveying the message by which one is invited. Invitation is also a way to invite someone or more to go to a place or to do something.

Types of INVITATION :
  •           Formal invitation
          Formal invitation is usually originate from institutes, companies, and kind of it. Normally formal invitation is written invitation.
v Examples :
o    Meeting invitation,
o    Flag ceremony, etc.



  •           Informal invitation
Informal invitation is personal invitation given to a friend, family, etc. informal invitation can be written or spoken.
v Examples of written invitation  :
o    birthday invitation,
o    wedding invitation,
o    garden party invitation, etc.
v Examples of Spoken invitation :
o   Would you like to come to my house ?
o    I would like you to come to my birthday party.
o    Are you free this weekend ?
o    If you are not busy, please try to come to my house.
o    Let’s go to the Justin Bieber concert !

In Invitation , There are Declining and Accepting
  Accepting is receive when someone invites us to a place.
  Declining is refuse when someone invites us to a place.

Example of Accepting
Ø I’d love to
Ø I like that
Ø Thank you for the invitation
Ø It’s very nice of you to invite me
Ø That would be wonderful

Example of Declining
* I’d love to, but I can’t
* I’m really sorry because I can’t come
* Sorry I’m really busy

Example of dialog about invitation :
Sam:  Wanna come over for a quick meal tonight? 
Tom:  Tonight's no good.  I have a date.  Can I take a raincheck?
Sam:  OK.  No problem.  Enjoy your evening!
Tom:  You too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment